Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
The UCD Relativity group is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse research group. We encourage all applicants who are interested in applying for funding to work with the group. Following UCD’s equality, diversity and inclusion policy, we provide equal opportunities regardless of gender, age, race, disability, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, civil status, family status, or membership of the travelling community. For more information on equality, diversity and inclusion, applicants may contact us or visit https://www.ucd.ie/equality/
The UCD Relativity Group are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. In addition to UCD’s policies, below are a list of steps that we are dedicated to taking in order to ensure equal opportunities for all:
- Advertising our opportunities widely.
- Continuing to be involved in public engagement, making science visible and accessible to all.
- Allocating time during group meetings to discuss equal opportunities.
- Engaging with undergraduate students to demonstrate career possibilities.
- Getting involved in the School of Mathematics and Statistics initiatives and participating in training.
- Promoting equality at conferences we organise and attend.
- Getting in touch with other research groups to learn how we can improve.
If you have any feedback or suggestions as to how our group can do more to provide equal opportunities, please contact us.